Poromagia

Kirjoittaja Aihe: Matchups, metagaming and sideboarding.  (Luettu 16129 kertaa)

0 jäsentä ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

Poissa Bor

Matchups, metagaming and sideboarding.
« : 31.10.15 - klo 14:49 »
Here shall reside different considerations on clashes between archtypes and how to approach them. Also here will be some compilation of test matches and related articles.
Consider this thread as the Arena-type knowledge base, blåblåblå.
New stuff will be added from time to time. Open discussion...

First thing ,first....

While a lot of ppl on paper and in MODO now try to beat Abzan and especially Jeskai with different ramp decks derived from the builds showcased at GP Quwbec, very few try out the GW version with a heavy white splash.

Here is the list:
3 Forest
6 Plains
4 Sanctum of Ugin
3 Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
1 Spawning Bed
4 Windswept Heath
2 Flooded Strand
3 Canopy Vista
4 Hangarback Walker
1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
2 Conduit of Ruin
3 Oblivion Sower
1 Ruin Processor
3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
4 Hedron Archive
1 Dragonlord Dromoka
3 Quarantine Field
4 Silkwrap
4 Stasis Snare
2 Nissa's Renewal
2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
SB: 1Planar Outburst
SB: 1 Erase
SB: 1 Bane of Bala Ged
SB: 1 Dragonlord Dromoka
SB: 1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
SB: 2 Surge of Righteousness
SB: 1 Gaea's Revenge
SB: 3 Den Protector
SB: 3 Arashin Cleric
SB: 1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer

The deck has been crushing offline regular events at some big game store.

Couple of our mediocre Versus throw-ins for giggles:

UW Tempo vs Abzan Aggro
Abzan Aggro vs Jund Aggro

I would trying to do something to test out more different archtypes asap for diversity. Few more matches are in the Jund Aggro topic.

Sidenote: vs Dark Jeskai, if you pilot an Aggro deck, don't try to be too reactive. Despite 'em having all that removal and counters, it's best to pressure them with a lot of action, yet still keep or add answer to Riders at least.

Also, I have started drafting up some new articles including one for Standard. Spoiler (Bant variants and Reanimator).

P.S. While I analysed Modern Metragame incl MODO lists, I figured I can crop some sideboards and make you a nice puzzle article, like : "Guess what archtype it is!" So thart's coming up tom though I'd split that into formats at least.

-Peace, hommies!

« Viimeksi muokattu: 31.10.15 - klo 14:55 kirjoittanut Bor »

Poissa Bor

Vs: Matchups, metagaming and sideboarding.
« Vastaus #1 : 12.11.15 - klo 20:31 »
Couple goofy tapes for your amusement.

Dark Jeskai VS Jund Aggro.

Jund Aggro VS Atarka Red.

Here the home page tells you top3 decks of the month in each constructed format. 

Cool article about killing Jeskai on a forgotten mtg source (not mine=) from a guy I know (real good German mtg grinder). 

Cool mtg blog of (I believe) a European guy living in Japan.  This links to a recent Std related post.

Salvation forum thread on Eldrazi ramp decks. The link gives you the page where you can find UG list designed by Zvi Moshovitz, which you can also find on CFB site. I saw a similar build on a Japanese stream of an offline event on Twitch recently. The absence of counterspells in Zvi list really throws me away. Dispel/Negate/Stroke protect you from Commands and Utter Ends after all.

That's it for now, folks!

Poissa Bor

« Vastaus #2 : 20.01.16 - klo 20:51 »
Hiya,
Brewed something for store play and mb up to Game Day and such.

4C Tokens: Deck Tech

Decklist (You can solitaire the deck there too)

Main concerns are Ramp decks, Virulent Plague, hard to deal with cards like Jace. 
The deck can have some slow draws, but SB helps and of course mulling properly. The curve is quite steady.
For random hate like Plague and awkward stuff like 'walkers I might put Quarantine Field into SB.
Don't like Cubs in a deck without Ojutai's Commands.

Suggestions, views?

Poissa Bor

« Vastaus #3 : 03.02.16 - klo 19:43 »
Some more madness with 4C Tokens brew.

vs Temur White

vs Esper Dragons

If you think you want a fun deck for the upcoming Game Day at your store, then this deck miht inspire you.

Hot decks in the coming weeks, in my opinion, are Mardu Tokens or Midrange with Goblin Dark Dweller, and Bant Tokens or Company Megamorph builds.
Many other decks are very good now too, but the above ones just look spicy to me.

Poissa Bor

« Vastaus #4 : 12.03.16 - klo 19:11 »
Said farewell to this build of Jund Aggro battling Grixis Prowess.

The core of the deck still stays in Standard and I will keep it as my regular event deck.

The full spoiler will tell me what I would want to build for competitive play.

Here I discussed the future of several Standard, Modern and Legacy decks.

Happy grinding!

Let Avacyn or Eldrazi not kill us all!

Poissa Bor

« Vastaus #5 : 19.04.16 - klo 16:29 »
Last SCG Invi gave a lot of data and marked trends that we are likely going to see at the Pro Tour.
I do hope big teams will craft something spicy, because I felt more into playing an online tournament for some other game, rather than watching top8 stream.

Anyways here is big talk covering what last weekend means for Standard and Modern in the coming weeks.

So far as for Std - Bant CoCo, Humans, WB, UR Control. I expect some red aggro to reappear, together with Esper Dragons.
As for Modern - again CoCo decks, midranges, various aggro decks. More on that in other forum section.

Poissa Bor

« Vastaus #6 : 03.06.16 - klo 22:33 »
Quick meta and trends Recap.

A bit of info aid to PPTQ players who haven't been following Constructed regularly.