Poromagia

Kirjoittaja Aihe: Midrange EDH Teneb and Duel Necrotic Karador  (Luettu 4176 kertaa)

0 jäsentä ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

Poissa Bor

Midrange EDH Teneb and Duel Necrotic Karador
« : 12.04.16 - klo 21:41 »
Hi,
My journey with the game started in 2002. But the creature tutoring fanatism started only around 2008, when I got to play with Survival in Legacy.
I fell in love with Necrotic Ooze and a bunch of creature combo decks in 2011, once Modern started as a format.
Over the years I have also been dragged into EDH and German Highlander and in the past year I grew interest towards the French variant, since what I saw at some side events at few Gran Prix looked perhaps a bit more fun than uber-competitive German type.
I'm a slightly profane Commander player yet, but I did only play with Abzan decks in Commander, apart from borrowing decks, when I didn't take mine. Besides, I have played Abzan in all formats.

The decklists below are just what I scrapped on paper once I wanted to build some Teneb Commander, and it became especially budget once I split card pool with a teammate.
I am aware of many obvious crucial and not crucial upgrades, but I want to hear more about hidden gems, since I am mostly a Legacy/Standard/Modern player and I do not remember all goodies and speak from limited experience. However, I did play German Highlander a bunch. In addition, I verbally explain a lot of card choices and strategy on the Teneb's build in _here_, and about the Combo Duel Karador in _here_ (Woke up from mentioning Teneb here too late).

As far as I know I cannot play the good ol' combo with Triskelion and Co due to some new rules, and I know that Necrotic is marked orange, but I like the package too much and just hope it will not get too sick.

I originally thought of Teneb for the Ooze deck, then I found Karador, then I forgot about him again when I built midrange version, and I suppose it is still the best general for such kind of creature combo deck.

Decklists:

Mid Teneb

Duel Necrotic Karador

Maybeboard for both decks, incl Karador both in Duel and Multi
1x Hermit Druid
1x Abrupt Decay
1x Animate Dead
1x Bayou
1x Bojuka Bog
1x Boreal Druid
1x Chrome Mox
1x Collected Company
1x Command Tower
1x Courser of Kruphix
1x Crop Rotation
1x Deathrite Shaman
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Dismember
1x Dryad Arbor
1x Eladamri's Call
1x Entomb
1x Exhume
1x Flooded Strand
1x Green Sun's Zenith
1x Hermit Druid
1x Lead the Stampede
1x Life/Death
1x Liliana of the Veil
1x Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip
1x Lotus Cobra
1x Mindslicer
1x Misty Rainforest
1x Phyrexian Tower
1x Polluted Delta
1x Reanimate
1x Savannah
1x Scrubland
1x Shriekmaw
1x Sidisi, Undead Vizier
1x Sol Ring
1x Survival of the Fittest
1x Sylvan Library
1x Twilight Mire
1x Unburial Rites
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Verdant Catacombs
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Wasteland
1x Wickerbough Elder
1x Worldly Tutor

Hence, I am asking for tuning tips and best long-term moderately budget portfolio propositions for future investments into spareparts for this deck.

Cheers

Poissa freedfromthereal

Vs: Midrange EDH Teneb and Duel Necrotic Karador
« Vastaus #1 : 13.04.16 - klo 11:44 »
As far as I know I cannot play the good ol' combo with Triskelion and Co due to some new rules, and I know that Necrotic is marked orange, but I like the package too much and just hope it will not get too sick.

Can you elaborate what the "good old combo with triskelion and co" is here? And what new rules are these. I am a bit confused. I personally always thought the triskelion combo is simply triskelion + mikaeus, the unhallowed. (T shoots 1-2 points somewhere and 2 points to itself ad infinitum)

Also, is the other deck intended for duel commander? Its rather important distinction and deck would be built very differently from multiplayer imo.

Ill try to see if I can come up with some suggestions after I go through the links and figure out what it is that the decks are trying to do. I haven't really paid much attention to necrotic ooze decks so far due to their large number of moving parts.
"It's that moment of dawning comprehension I live for."
- Hobbes, Calvin and hobbes

Poissa Bor

Vs: Midrange EDH Teneb and Duel Necrotic Karador
« Vastaus #2 : 13.04.16 - klo 18:23 »
Apparently it all still works.

See here.

the combo is Necrotic Ooze + Phyrexian Devourer + Triskelion