Poromagia

Kirjoittaja Aihe: Uusi artikkeli: A few thoughts on Standard, Nicolas Yeung  (Luettu 1970 kertaa)

0 jäsentä ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

Poissa Poromagia

Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.  - Charles Lamb

http://www.poromagia.com - Täyden palvelun magic-sivusto!

Emme seuraa yksityisviestejä foorumilla, tiedustelut kannattaa lähettää osoitteeseen [email protected]!

Poissa TomiWalamies

Vs: Uusi artikkeli: A few thoughts on Standard, Nicolas Yeung
« Vastaus #1 : 25.04.11 - klo 13:05 »
True, there will always be a best deck. And a card with an annoying power level (Bloodraid Elves).

What I thought about was, why does the best card have to be blue? They are balancing the all-time by far best color by giving it worse counters and worse guys. Grand Architect would be amazing if only there was something to play it with. But then they give blue the best card in the format every couple of years.

Cryptic Command is too good. The Commands are a great idea. Black is a finisher, green is perfect utility. But the blue one is powerful to the point of being annoying.

Both Jace and Cryptic Command could keep their flavor and high playability while being made slightly worse. I like the idea that a blue card can do several parts of the counter/card advantage/bounce trinity. Cryptic perhaps shouldn't do all three (they even threw in Fog and Falter), and Jace shouldn't do two of those with such efficiency.

Blue counterspells are at the right level now. All decent but none of them an automatic four-of. The blue guys are too weak. I know it's not a creature color, but this has been taken to ridiculous extremes at the moment. Maybe make the guys a bit better and stop giving the color the absolute best card in the format?

Tomi